Draft Minutes of the meeting held at Tillage Hall, Waterbeach, Cambridge on Sunday 21st February 2016 at 3.30pm. 17 members were present as shown in the attendance book.
1. Welcome: Janice Al-Nasser welcomed all present and thanked them for coming. Thanking all who work hard during the year ensuring the shows run smoothly a sincere well done. Janice congratulated Colin Potter for producing the South midlands Messenger which was a credit to his dedication. Janice took the opportunity to quash the rumours that they currently had bred 140 French Moulters.
2. Apologies: C Hickman, G Al-Nasser, D. Sharpe & Mrs J Sharpe.
3. The Minutes of the Annual General Meeting: of 8th February 2015 were agreed and signed proposed J Al-Nasser seconded R. Clarke carried.
4. Matters Arising: J Al-Nasser raised the point that it would be of benefit to clubs wishing to put club news onto the site. R. Clarke suggested that the schedule & entry form to be on it.
Also the B.S. condensed meeting reports will be sent so that they can be included.
5. Correspondence: Letter regarding Budgerigar Spring Event 2017/2018
Budgerigar Society Convention 2020 action Bev letter to be sent declining on behalf of SMBS.
10. Election of Officers.
Inauguration of the President. Mrs Beverley Hutt thanked the society for the honour of the Presidency she promised to fly the flag for the society were ever she attended.
Election of Vice-President. Two names were put forward Mrs Jini Sharpe prop L Hutt sec M Hill & Mr Cy Thorne prop D Turner sec R Clarke. A vote was taken with Mrs J Sharpe taking the vote 8 to 5.
R. Clarke prop that C. Thorne President 2018 sec B Whitlock
Action Bev Card be sent to Jini Sharpe wishing her a speedy recovery and congratulations.
12.Date of the next A.G.M. Sunday 12th February 2017 to be held at Tillage Hall, Recreation Ground, Cambridge Road, Waterbeach CB25 9NJ at 3.30 till 5pm
13. Any other matters for the Committee: Entry Fee to be looked at for Spec & Rare Variety & Open Show.
14. Any Other Business: L Hutt asked the committee to consider the purchase of a laptop and printer for the society as the one currently used is very slow and the printer no longer work’s and was very cumbersome. After discussion it was decided that she looks into costing and report back to committee. Prop B Whitlock sec J Al-Nasser.
Mollidina Trophy - This year’s winners to be announced at Spec & Rare Variety Show
There being no other business the meeting was closed at 4.25pm.